The Northwood Gratitude and Honor Memorial is dedicated to listing by name all the American service members who have died in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Currently the Memorial has the names of 7,054 Fallen Heroes covering the period October, 2001 through February, 2022 engraved in its granite panels. The names of the newly Fallen are added annually before Memorial Day.
- Last names beginning with Aa-Br
- Last names beginning with Bu-Da
- Last names beginning with De-Ga
- Last names beginning with Ge-Ht
- Last names beginning with Hu-Li
- Last names beginning with Ll-Mi
- Last names beginning with Mo-Pl
- Last names beginning with Po-Sc
- Last names beginning with Se-To
- Last names beginning with Tr-Zy
Source of the Names of the Fallen Heroes
The names of fallen service members engraved on the Memorial are taken from the official Department of Defense casualty reports for:
- Operation Enduring Freedom October, 2001 to December, 2014
- Operation Freedom's Sentinel January, 2015 to August, 2021
- Operation Iraqi Freedom March, 2003 to August, 2010
- Operation New Dawn September, 2010 to December, 2011
- Operation Inherent Resolve October, 2014 to December, 2021
The decision to include a death within one of these casualty reports rests exclusively with the Department of Defense. The caretakers of the Memorial use these lists as the basis for what names to include. Consistent with the stated purpose of the Memorial, the only changes to these lists have been to include only the deaths of uniformed service members from the military and the U.S. Coast Guard. While honored, the names of American service members who have died while on duty but not related to these conflicts are not engraved in this Memorial.